AVAILABLE 24 Hours - Call now!
Addiction treatment | MENTAL HEALTH | Detox | Residential | PHP | iop | OP | SUD | Rehab | Therapy
AKUA Mind & Body is more than just a treatment center or a residential facility; it’s a revitalizing retreat that provides holistic treatment programs for those who are in need of substance use and mental health treatment. Our integrative approach combines Eastern traditions with Western science to provide the highest quality of care.
SPEAK TO A COUNSELOR NOW
We’re available 24/7 and here to help!
Codependent Personality Disorder
Many individuals who are codependent do not recognize their behaviors until other individuals point them out or until they seek professional help. Codependency, like addiction, is a disease – an unhealthy state of being.
Treatment is often necessary for individuals to realize their codependent patterns and to develop healthy coping skills. AKUA Mind & Body is here to help! We provide effective treatment at our primary mental health facilities to effectively manage and recover from being codependent.
Signs & Symptoms of Codependent Personality Disorder:
- Does your sense of purpose rely on extreme sacrifices to satisfy your partner’s or your child’s needs?
- Do you have a hard time saying “no” to your partner or child when they make demands for your time and energy?
- Do you always make excuses or try to cover up your partner or child’s trouble with drugs, alcohol, or the law?
- Do you constantly worry about what others think of you?
- Do you feel trapped in your relationship?
- Do you keep quiet to avoid arguments?
- Do you feel as if your life revolves around your partner or your child?
- Do you cancel plans to accommodate your partner’s whims?
- Do you feel that no matter how hard you try, nothing you do is ever good enough?
- Are you a classic peacekeeper and people-pleaser?
- Are you always smiling and trying to appear cheery, even when you’re feeling mad or sad?
- Do you play the role of caregiver in your family or with your partner?
- Do you feel ashamed about what’s going on inside your relationship, but keep that secret to yourself?
- Do you feel trapped in the relationship, but feel that if you did leave, you would be a horrible person for abandoning your partner?
- Is your mood dictated by your partner’s mood and behavior?
- Do you feel devalued or disrespected in your relationship?
- Is anxiety the emotion you feel most often in your relationship?
- Do you spend a lot of time trying to conform or balance your partner’s wishes and preferences?
AKUA Mind & Body Treatment Program
AKUA Mind and Body utilizes a blend of holistic approaches combined with evidence-based treatment and medication assistance to help individuals who have been affected by codependence disorder. This treatment approach allows clients to recognize their underlying triggers and then provides guidance to develop healthy coping skills
Addiction & Codependency
Many individuals who are struggling with a substance use disorder are codependent on a family member or loved one’s enabling behaviors. These “enabling” patterns (such as rescuing a partner, bailing them out, making and accepting excuses for their behavior, and constantly trying to fix problems) are used to ease relationship tension caused by drug and alcohol abuse.