We want your stay at AKUA to be as comfortable as possible so that you can focus on recovery without any distractions. It would be helpful if you are prepared for outdoor and indoor activities such as yoga, cycling, surfing and more. There are a few items that are not allowed inside the facility premises to maintain the sanctity and therapeutic atmosphere of the center.
To make it convenient for you, we have created a list of items that you may or may not bring to the facility. Please review the list before you start packing to ensure you are able to adhere to the rules without compromising on your need.
What to Bring
- One suitcase and one carry on item (backpack, purse, duffle bag)
- Clothing for 7-10 days (laundry on site and free of charge)
- All personal hygiene articles including: bath soap, deodorant, shampoo, razors, toothpaste, toothbrush and feminine hygiene products (nothing alcohol based)
- Blow dryer, flat iron, curling iron, bathrobe, slippers and pajamas (Note: slippers cannot be worn in the clinical offices)
- Comfortable, casual clothes, jacket, sweatshirt or heavy sweater, gym/yoga attire
- Walking shoes/Tennis shoes, socks/undergarments
- Prescriptions for any approved medications
- Insurance card/Driver’s license/Social Security Card
What Not to Bring
- Expensive jewelry, watches, etc.
- Clothing that depicts or promotes the use of alcohol, drugs or tobacco
- Any medications not pre-approved or without prescription
- Over the counter medications unless for a specific condition
- Mouthwash, hydrogen peroxide, or isopropyl alcohol or any items with alcohol
- Laptop computers (computer access will be provided for designated activities)
- Radio/Stereo with external speakers (headphones to be worn at all times)
- Electronics such as iPads, tablets, cell phones, computers, etc.
Money: We recommend patients use debit/credit cards or refillable gift cards. Cash will be held as money on books and distributed as needed.
- Watch & Alarm Clock
- Reading Materials
- Beach Towel
- Pillow (we provide, but may want to bring your own)
At AKUA, every participant undergoing detox treatment receives our unique East-meets-West treatment program, individual recovery programs and complete care. The beautiful sunny weather of California also plays a major role in creating a rejuvenating and stress free atmosphere for our clients. At our state of the art facility, we strive to create a warm and happy atmosphere so that clients can focus on their recovery without worrying about anything else. Under the watchful eye of our extremely capable team of clinicians and nurses, one can detox both physically and psychologically. We combine medication, healthy diet, music therapy, meditation, yoga, acupuncture, and much more to make the client’s experience extraordinary and successful. We have also incorporated several beach side activities to ensure that the treatment procedure is fun and enjoyable
Detoxification is only the first step towards full recovery. AKUA Mind & Body provides not only an intensive detox program but also a complete treatment program thereby addressing addiction and co-occurring mental disorders. For us, the health and well-being of our clients both on the physical and psychological front is of utmost importance.
- Sensitive issues are discussed with therapeutic support
- Topics are discovered that may be overlooked in mixed groups
- “Attraction distraction” is not an issue
- Same-sex supportive
- Peer support
- Gender neutral trust
- Emotionally secure environment
- Friendship, trust and bonding
AKUA Mind and Body understands the financial burdens that addiction and mental health treatment can have on an individual and their family. As a result, AKUA works closely with most HMO, EPO and PPO insurance plans including AmeriHealth, Humana, Allcare Health, Highmark, UPMC Health Plan, and are In-Network with Anthem Blue Cross, Aetna, Cigna, Health Net, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Magellen, HMC Health Works, Tricare, Western Health Advantage, Prime, Multi Plan, Triwest.
The specialists at AKUA Drug treatment Newport Beach believe in treating the individual as a whole, rather than treating the diagnosis. Each client has unique treatment timeline involving a collaborative effort from every member of the treatment team.
Maybe you are a 26-year-old female who is struggling with body dissatisfaction fueled by depression, which has developed into a cocaine addiction. Maybe you are a 45-year-old male working in corporate America, drinking excessively to cope with your anxiety despite your loving family.
No matter who you are and what your story is, AKUA Mind and Body believes in tailoring their treatment program to fit your needs so you can live a healthy and fulfilling life, free from addictive substances and the pain of underlying disorders.