What To Bring
We want your stay at AKUA to be as comfortable as possible so that you can focus on your recovery without any distractions.
To make it convenient for you, we have created a list of items that you may or may not bring to the facility.
Please review the list before you start packing to ensure you are able to adhere to the rules without compromising on your need.
What To Bring:
- One suitcase and one carry on item (backpack, purse, duffle bag)
- Clothing for 7-10 days (laundry available on site free of charge)
- All personal hygiene articles including bath soap, deodorant, shampoo, razors, toothpaste, toothbrush and feminine hygiene products (nothing alcohol based)
- Blow dryer, flat iron, curling iron, bathrobe, slippers and pajamas (Note: slippers cannot be worn in the clinical offices)
- Comfortable, casual clothes, jacket, sweatshirt or heavy sweater, gym/yoga attire, undergarments
- Walking shoes/Tennis shoes, socks
- Prescriptions for any approved medications
- Insurance card/Driver’s license/Social Security Card
What Not To Bring:
- Expensive jewelry, watches, etc.
- Clothing that depicts or promotes the use of alcohol, drugs or tobacco
- Any medications not pre-approved or without prescription
- Over the counter medications unless for a specific condition
- Mouthwash, hydrogen peroxide, or isopropyl alcohol or any items with alcohol
- Laptop/computers (computer access will be provided for designated activities)
- Radio/Stereo with external speakers (headphones to be worn at all times)
- Electronics such as iPads, tablets, cell phones, computers, etc
- Stuffed Animals
Money: We recommend patients use debit/credit cards or refillable gift cards. Cash will be held as money on books and distributed as needed.
- Watch & Alarm Clock
- Reading Materials
- Beach Towel
AKUA Mind & Body Treatment Program
At AKUA Mind & Body, we develop individualistic recovery programs which cater to the unique needs of our clients. Our treatment methods combine time tested Eastern techniques with scientific Western practices to develop a holistic treatment approach. We combine medication along with healthy diet, individual as well as group therapy sessions, and relaxation with music therapy, mediation and yoga.
Located in the Los Angeles & Orange County Region, Sacramento Region and San Diego Region, AKUA Mind & Body is much more than just another rehabilitation facility. It is a place where you can receive the Highest Quality Care under the careful watch of clinicians and. At AKUA, we aim to provide complete and lasting recovery for our clients.