The COVID-19 crisis has obviously disrupted all aspects of life in America and around the world. All of us are individually and professionally impacted in dramatic ways. At AKUA Mind & Body, we are grateful that our business is an “essential service” and blessed to have the opportunity of continuing to help our clients.
The current global health crisis is extremely stressful for most people. Increased fear and anxiety are common reactors and overwhelming emotions are felt and fought at time like this. As a result, many individuals with a mental health or substance use disorder end up suffering even more during such intense societal issues.
Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Treatment is our core business. We are committed to helping those in need in a safe environment and continue to remain open and operate. As always, we are available to help 24/7. We are dedicated to continuing our mission of providing the highest level of care for you or your loved one, especially during such an intense crisis.
The health and safety of our Clients is our top priority. We are aware of the increased fear and anxiety among most people with regard to the current pandemic. Hence, we are doing everything that we can to maintain healthfulness and safety which should provide comfort for our clients and their loved ones. We have reviewed medical and hygiene protocols with staff and are in touch with local health care providers and emergency management centers to ensure that we are equipped with the latest information and resources.
- Constantly monitoring information from Center for Disease Control and Prevention, state, and local agencies to ensure we are following the guidelines set in place from authorities.
- Communicating with medical and clinical staff as well as current clients regarding the importance of adhering to all hand washing protocols and preventative measures including daily reminders.
- Enacting visitor and client health and travel screening prior to allowing entrance into all facilities and company owned transportation vans.
- Ensuring the use of protective gloves to be worn by all employees who are in contact with food.
- Enhancing cleaning procedures of common areas including but not limited to door handles, railings, chairs, counters, therapy group rooms, and client areas.
- Limiting client outside activities and meetings.
- Referring clients to medical facilities who may begin to experience symptoms.
- Screening all perspective clients prior to admission and upon admission for symptoms, travel and temperature.
- Urging staff to stay home if they are feeling ill and sending them home at first sight of illness.
We are taking the following precautions:
AKUA IS HERE TO HELP!
If you or someone you love is struggling with a mental health illness or substance use and addiction disorder, we can help now more than ever! AKUA Mind & Body provides an integrative treatment approach with multiple levels of care from detox, residential to intensive outpatient programs. With several facilities throughout the Sacramento Region, Los Angeles & Orange County Region, and San Diego Region, we aim to provide our clients with a solid foundation for healing and transformation. Gender specific and Co-ed facilities available.
Call our 24/7 admissions helpline to seek help today!
« Global Crises & Our Commitment To Assist Mental Illness and Addiction DisordersCommit To Treatment During Our Global Health Crisis »
Categorized in: Recovery