The current global health crisis is extremely stressful for most people. Increased fear and anxiety are common reactors and overwhelming emotions are felt and fought at time like this. As a result, many individuals with a mental health or substance use disorder end up suffering even more during intense societal issues such as the COVID-19 outbreak. We are dedicated to continuing our mission of providing the highest level of care for you or your loved one, especially during such an intense crisis.
At AKUA Mind & Body, the safety of our Clients is our top priority. We are aware of the increased fear and anxiety among most people with regard to the current pandemic. Hence, we are doing everything that we can to maintain healthfulness and safety. We have reviewed medical and hygiene protocols with staff and are in touch with local health care providers and emergency management centers to ensure that we are equipped with the latest information and resources.
We are taking the following precautions:
- Constantly monitoring information from Center for Disease Control and Prevention, state, and local agencies to ensure we are following the guidelines set in place from authorities.
- Communicating with medical and clinical staff as well as current clients regarding the importance of adhering to all hand washing protocols and preventative measures including daily reminders.
- Enacting visitor and client health and travel screening prior to allowing entrance into all facilities and company owned transportation vans.
- Ensuring the use of protective gloves to be worn by all employees who are in contact with food.
- Enhancing cleaning procedures of common areas including but not limited to door handles, railings, chairs, counters, therapy group rooms, and client areas.
- Limiting client outside activities and meetings.
- Referring clients to medical facilities who may begin to experience symptoms.
- Screening all perspective clients prior to admission and upon admission for symptoms, travel and temperature.
- Urging staff to stay home if they are feeling ill and sending them home at first sight of illness.
Our priority is to keep our front line medical and clinical staff, clients, and visitors safe and well informed, while doing what we can to help minimize the potential spread of the novel COVID-19.
AKUA IS HERE TO HELP!
If you or someone you love is struggling with a mental health illness or substance use and addiction disorder, we can help now more than ever! AKUA Mind & Body provides an integrative treatment approach with multiple levels of care from detox, residential to intensive outpatient programs. With several facilities throughout the Sacramento Region, Los Angeles & Orange County Region, and San Diego Region, we aim to provide our clients with a solid foundation for healing and transformation. Gender specific and Co-ed facilities available.
Call our 24/7 admissions helpline to seek help today!
AKUA Mind and Body understands the financial burdens that addiction and mental health treatment can have on an individual and their family. As a result, AKUA works closely with most HMO, EPO and PPO insurance plans including AmeriHealth, Humana, Allcare Health, Highmark, UPMC Health Plan, and are In-Network with Anthem Blue Cross, Aetna, Cigna, Health Net, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Magellen, HMC Health Works, Tricare, Western Health Advantage, Prime, Multi Plan, Triwest.
The specialists at AKUA Drug treatment Newport Beach believe in treating the individual as a whole, rather than treating the diagnosis. Each client has unique treatment timeline involving a collaborative effort from every member of the treatment team.
Maybe you are a 26-year-old female who is struggling with body dissatisfaction fueled by depression, which has developed into a cocaine addiction. Maybe you are a 45-year-old male working in corporate America, drinking excessively to cope with your anxiety despite your loving family.
No matter who you are and what your story is, AKUA Mind and Body believes in tailoring their treatment program to fit your needs so you can live a healthy and fulfilling life, free from addictive substances and the pain of underlying disorders.