Lani – Women’s Mental Health Program
AKUA Mind and Body offers a female only mental health treatment center for women who are struggling with an array of mental health symptoms. With locations in Costa Mesa and Newport Beach, AKUA Mind and Body provides mental health treatment for women who live in the Orange County and the surrounding areas.
Which disorders do we treat?
From anxiety disorders and mood disorders to personality disorders, sleep disorders and trauma-related disorders, AKUA Mind and Body provides specialized mental health treatment in Orange County for women who are struggling with a wide spectrum of symptoms.
- Body dysmorphia: An obsessive pathological disorder characterized by the fixation on a body part repeatedly to the point where it interferes with an individual’s social, emotional, educational, and occupational welfare.
- Depression: A mood disorder characterized by sleep disturbance, loss of interest, feelings of guilt, poor concentration, psychomotor agitation, sad mood, changes in diet, low energy and in some cases, suicidal thoughts.
- Bipolar disorder: A mood disorder characterized by fluctuating periods of depression and mania. Mania is characterized by rapid thoughts and ideas, excessive energy, distractibility, and irritability.
- Anxiety disorders: A group of disorders that includes generalized anxiety, panic disorder, specific phobias, and social anxiety which are characterized by excessive worry.
- Personality disorders: Ingrained abnormal maladaptive behaviors that wreak havoc on an individual’s occupation, social life and personal life. Examples include histrionic personality disorder, schizoid personality disorder, antisocial personality disorder, histrionic personality disorder and many others.
- Impulse control disorders: Characterized by conditions that involve the lack of self-control resulting in unbalanced emotions and behaviors. They result in the failure to resist an urge, temptation or an impulse that may cause harm to oneself or others. Examples include kleptomania, pyromania, intermittent explosive disorder, tricholotomania and pathological skin picking.
- Trauma related/stress disorders: Posttraumatic stress disorder is the most well know trauma related disorder and is characterized by severe anxiety, fear, flashbacks and negative thoughts after experiencing or witnessing a traumatic life-threatening event.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder: Having repetitive and persistent thoughts that are intrusive in nature. These distressful thoughts are either repressed or carried out by compulsions, which are repetitive actions in response to the persistent thoughts carried out in order to relieve the tension and anxiety brought by the thoughts.
- Schizophrenia: A psychotic disorder that is characterized by hallucinations and delusions.
- Adjustment disorder: Characterized by a stress-related, transitional disturbance in emotions and behavior due to a stressful change in an individual’s life.
Our Women’s Mental Health Program Facility Photo Tour
Which treatment options do we have available?
AKUA Mind and Body employs a multidisciplinary team of mental health treatment specialists in the Orange County are who specialize in psychiatric psychotherapy, medication management and holistic approaches that when used in combination can result in a symptom free lifestyle. Depending on the specific mental health disorder, medication such as antidepressants, anxiolytics and antipsychotics may be necessary however medications are rarely used alone. Research shows that psychotherapy approaches including cognitive behavioral therapy, interpersonal therapy, eye movement desensitization reprocessing, and family therapy are helpful treatment approaches for anyone who is struggling with a mental health disorder.
If you are searching for a female mental health treatment program in Orange County, please reach out to a treatment specialist at AKUA Mind and Body.
Koa – Men’s Mental Health Program
Most PPO Policies Accepted