IOP Orange County – Newport Beach
AKUA Mind and Body offers IOP in Orange County for individuals who are struggling with a mental health disorder and a substance abuse disorder. With locations in Newport Beach and Costa Mesa, intensive outpatient treatment at AKUA Mind and Body is a lower level of care meaning that it does not require hospitalization, around the clock monitoring or even overnight stays but it does provide a thorough array of treatment approaches for both men and women who reside in the Orange County area. Intensive outpatient treatment requires individuals to obtain at least nine hours of group and/or individual therapy per week which is divided up into three-hour sessions three days to five days per week, for 12-16 weeks duration. This part-time therapy approach allows individuals to still continue their daily lives without having to leave their job or their family. In most cases, individuals have previously completed a higher level of care such as residential treatment or partial hospitalization before entering into an intensive outpatient program in Orange County.
The following are mental health and substance abuse disorders that are treated at AKUA Mind and Body intensive outpatient program in the Orange County area:
- Body dysmorphia
- Substance use disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Anxiety disorders
- Personality disorders
- Impulse control disorders
- Trauma related/stress disorders
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Adjustment disorder
- Co-occurring disorders (mental health disorders and substance abuse disorders)
Types of therapy offered at Mental Health Intensive Outpatient Treatment (IOP) in Orange County
- Group and individual therapy such as cognitive behavioral therapy and dialectal behavioral therapy
- Skill-development groups that focus on relapse prevention techniques, stress management and assertiveness training
- Process-oriented recovery groups (support groups) that focus on resolving conflict, replacing positive thinking with negative thinking, recognizing triggers, learning adaptability skills to relate to others and learning about empathy
- Learning and understanding the stages of change within the mental health disease process
- Exploring spirituality
- Family therapy
- Trauma-informed care
Gender specific treatment programs in Orange County
AKUA Mind and Body offers gender-specific treatment programs in an intensive outpatient setting in Orange County. Gender-specific treatment is designed to treat only females or only males in a gender-specific setting. This removes some of the distractions and barriers that may arise from being around members of the opposite sex. It also allows clients to feel more comfortable and focused as they recover around peers of the same gender, enabling them to relate over experiences specific to their gender.
How long will I be required to stay in outpatient treatment?
The average length of stay for an intensive outpatient program is 12-16 weeks. After this, you will most likely enter a maintenance phase, better known as outpatient treatment that can last for a few months.
How much can I afford to spend?
Outpatient treatment usually costs less than inpatient, which includes the cost of housing and more hours of treatment. Most private insurance will also cover outpatient eating disorder treatment as well.
Most PPO Policies Accepted