Fair Oaks – Primary Mental Health Program
Akua Mind & Body offers primary mental illness treatment at its co-ed facility in Fair Oaks, Sacramento to individuals struggling with anxiety and depressive disorders, PTSD, bipolar disorder, severe suicidal ideations, trauma related disorders and more.
Our Sacramento mental health treatment center caterers to a high level of care that requires clients to be monitored around the clock by a team of treatment professionals. AKUA’s clinical team takes a holistic, integrative approach to treating mental illness by combining traditional and complementary treatment modalities with health-oriented activities, brain-healthy meals, mindfulness and daily physical fitness to promote healing and wellness of the mind and body.
Why Mental Health Is Important
According to research, about 1 in 4 adults — suffers from a diagnosable mental disorder in a given year.
- On average six to eight years pass before an individual seeks professional help for their mental health disorder.
- 90% of individuals who die by suicide have a diagnosable treatable mental health disorder.
- Fear and shame associated with the stigma surrounding mental health disorders is the number one reason why individuals do not seek professional help.
What disorders do we treat?
From anxiety disorders and mood disorders to personality disorders, sleep disorders and trauma-related disorders, AKUA Mind and Body provides specialized mental health treatment in Sacramento to those struggling with a wide spectrum of symptoms –
- Body dysmorphia: An obsessive pathological disorder characterized by the fixation on a body part repeatedly to the point where it interferes with an individual’s social, emotional, educational, and occupational welfare.
- Depression: A mood disorder characterized by sleep disturbance, loss of interest, feelings of guilt, poor concentration, psychomotor agitation, sad mood, changes in diet, low energy and in some cases, suicidal thoughts.
- Bipolar disorder: A mood disorder characterized by fluctuating periods of depression and mania. Mania is characterized by rapid thoughts and ideas, excessive energy, distractibility, and irritability.
- Anxiety disorders: A group of disorders that includes generalized anxiety, panic disorder, specific phobias, and social anxiety which are characterized by excessive worry.
- Personality disorders: Ingrained abnormal maladaptive behaviors that wreak havoc on an individual’s occupation, social life and personal life. Examples include histrionic personality disorder, schizoid personality disorder, antisocial personality disorder, histrionic personality disorder and many others.
- Impulse control disorders: Characterized by conditions that involve the lack of self-control resulting in unbalanced emotions and behaviors. They result in the failure to resist an urge, temptation or an impulse that may cause harm to oneself or others. Examples include kleptomania, pyromania, intermittent explosive disorder, tricholotomania and pathological skin picking.
- Trauma related/stress disorders: Posttraumatic stress disorder is the most well know trauma related disorder and is characterized by severe anxiety, fear, flashbacks and negative thoughts after experiencing or witnessing a traumatic life-threatening event.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder: Having repetitive and persistent thoughts that are intrusive in nature. These distressful thoughts are either repressed or carried out by compulsions, which are repetitive actions in response to the persistent thoughts carried out in order to relieve the tension and anxiety brought by the thoughts.
- Schizophrenia: A psychotic disorder that is characterized by hallucinations and delusions.
- Adjustment disorder: Characterized by a stress-related, transitional disturbance in emotions and behavior due to a stressful change in an individual’s life.
- Severe Suicidal Ideations: The range of suicidal ideation varies from fleeting thoughts, to extensive thoughts, to detailed planning.
Mental Health Treatment In Fair Oaks, Sacramento Region
AKUA Mind and Body employs a multidisciplinary team of mental health treatment specialists in Sacramento who specialize in psychiatric psychotherapy, medication management and holistic approaches that when used in combination can result in a symptom free lifestyle. Depending on the specific mental health disorder, medication such as antidepressants, anxiolytics and antipsychotics may be necessary however medications are rarely used alone. Research shows that psychotherapy approaches including cognitive behavioral therapy, interpersonal therapy, eye movement desensitization reprocessing (EMDR), and family therapy are helpful treatment approaches for anyone who is struggling with a mental health disorder.
If you are searching for a mental health treatment program in Sacramento, please reach out to a treatment specialist at AKUA Mind and Body.
AKUA Mind and Body understands the financial burdens that addiction and mental health treatment can have on an individual and their family. As a result, AKUA works closely with most HMO, EPO and PPO insurance plans including AmeriHealth, Optum, Humana, United Healthcare, Allcare Health, Highmark, Oscar, UPMC Health Plan, MetLife and are In-Network with Anthem Blue Cross, Aetna, Multi Plan, Beacon, Magellen, Health Net, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, HMC Health Works, Western Health Advantage, and Tricare.
The specialists at AKUA Drug treatment Newport Beach believe in treating the individual as a whole, rather than treating the diagnosis. Each client has unique treatment timeline involving a collaborative effort from every member of the treatment team.
Maybe you are a 26-year-old female who is struggling with body dissatisfaction fueled by depression, which has developed into a cocaine addiction. Maybe you are a 45-year-old male working in corporate America, drinking excessively to cope with your anxiety despite your loving family.
No matter who you are and what your story is, AKUA Mind and Body believes in tailoring their treatment program to fit your needs so you can live a healthy and fulfilling life, free from addictive substances and the pain of underlying disorders.